Wilson Adams delivered a wonderful sermon—When This Journey Comes to an End—last Wednesday in our Summer Series. If you haven’t watched or listened, you really should, then share it with a friend. A centerpiece of the sermon was 7 Things You Need to Figure Out About Your Life. This would be great to cut out and keep in your Bible, on your desk, or your fridge.
- Why am I here? Life the way it was meant to be has a purpose beyond me.
- What do I believe and what am I going to do about it? “Faith” without works is dead on arrival.
- Enjoy more by enjoying less. It’s easy to become addicted to the accumulation of stuff that really isn’t all that important. How can I use my blessings to enrich the lives of others?
- Invest in kingdom work. “As we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those of the household of faith.” Dream big, plan, then get to work in Jesus’ name.
- Develop servant leadership. Leadership is influence and influence is serving. Don’t wait till “tomorrow” to get serious.
- What do I want to be remembered for? What am I doing that’s going to outlive me?
- What can I do NOW to make a difference?