Today’s Bible reading is Psalm 101. It was written by David and contains several “I will” statements—powerful resolutions worth thinking about and adopting as your own.
- “I will sing of steadfast love…to you, O LORD” (101:1). Let’s do that together this morning. It’s not about impressing the people around you. It’s about making melody to the Lord with your heart. As we sing together, think: I am singing to my Creator!
- “I will ponder the way that is blameless” (101:2). Be careful about what fills your mind this week. Resolve to think before you act or react. The “blameless way” isn’t traveled by accident.
- “I will walk with integrity of heart” (101:2). Don’t give in to temptations toward hypocrisy, dishonesty, or double-mindedness. Seek the LORD in the path which is right with your whole heart.
- “I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless” (101:3). In a world full of empty promises and alluring distractions, don’t exchange your relationship with God for anything. He is the Giver of life, joy, peace, purpose, and hope. Set your mind on things above, things that are truly worthwhile.
- “I will know nothing of evil” (101:4). Don’t flirt with evil. Walk in the light as God is in the light that you might be holy as he is holy.
Adopt those five “I will” resolutions and today will be a good day.