“Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them.” (Psa 111:2)
Our Creator has preserved an incredible written revelation of his “great works.” The more we study the Bible, the more we will be able to say, “Now I see.” And the more we see, the more reasons we will find to “delight” in him. With “whole hearts” (Psa 111:1) let’s say with the psalmist today:
- Praise the LORD! I give thanks to him (111:1)
- His work is full of splendor and majesty (111:3)
- His righteousness endures forever (111:3)
- He is gracious and merciful (111:4)
- He remembers his covenant forever (111:5)
- The works of his hands are faithful and just (111:7)
- His precepts are trustworthy (111:7)
- Holy and awesome is his name! (111:9)
- Fearing him is the first step on the path to wisdom (111:10)
- Walking in his wisdom gives me good understanding (111:10)
- The singing of his praise will continue today through me (111:10)
Could I ask a personal question? How full of delight has your heart been this past week? Are you suffering from a lack of gratitude? Does God seem distant? Are you struggling to hope? Have you been walking in selfish shortsightedness? Stumbling through life without meaning or a purpose? Do you feel lost? Trying wrong path after wrong path, are you delight-starved?
Maybe the author of Psalm 111 knows what he’s talking about. “Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who delight in them.” Let’s study, appreciate, and thank God today for his awesome accomplishments. Beyond today, let’s use our study and worship as fuel for delight in God this week.