Today’s Bible reading is Psalm 59, a psalm written by David “when Saul sent men to watch his house in order to kill him.” In what had to have been a terrifying time in his life, it’s worth noting how David describes the One to whom he is praying:
- LORD God of hosts (59:5)
- My Strength (59:9)
- My fortress (59:9)
- Our shield (59:11)
- The God who shows me steadfast love (59:17)
This is the God who hears your prayers today.
- The all-present God of angel armies
- The God who cannot be defeated
- The God of refuge for the soul
- The God who shields his people beneath his own wings
- The God who loves to such a degree that he would send his own Son to make it all possible
What a blessing and privilege to confidently address the God of Psalm 59 in prayer today!