Today’s Bible reading is Numbers 29 and 2 Peter 3.
2 Peter 3 poses a powerful question: in light of the promised return of Jesus, what sort of people ought we to be?
The answer isn’t hard to find.
- Holy: claimed by God, distinct from the world
- Godly: becoming more like Jesus every day
- Waiting: confidently expecting his return
- Hastening: anxiously anticipating the fulfillment of his promises
- Diligent: faithfully serving as his disciple
- Without spot: taking the cost and responsibility of my forgiveness seriously
- At peace: with my Creator, other people, and myself
- Growing: progressing in the grace and knowledge of my Savior
- Glorifying: in harmony with the will of God for his creation
“What sort of people ought we to be?” Thanks to 2 Peter 3, the answer isn’t hard to find.
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care… (2 Pet 3:17)