Today’s Bible reading is Genesis 4 and Colossians 2.
Are you a part of the “in” crowd? I’m not talking about a popularity contest. Are you a part of the crowd of people who are “in Christ”? Just notice the blessings that are available “in Christ” according to Colossians 2:
- The riches of full assurance of understanding (2:2)
- All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (2:3)
- Good order and firmness of faith (2:5)
- A spiritual root system and foundation for the walk of life (2:7)
- The forgiveness of all trespasses (2:13)
- Spiritual nourishment and support for growth (2:19)
So I ask you again: are you a part of the “in” crowd? Are you a part of the body of men and women that God is saving by his grace in Jesus Christ?
If not, what’s worth enjoying at the sacrifice of those spiritual blessings mentioned above?
If not, isn’t it time?
In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. (Col 2:11-12)