Today’s Bible reading is Exodus 13 and Revelation 12.
In Revelation 12, we read about the accuser–the great dragon, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. John hears a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God” (Rev 12:10).
Accusers charge others with offenses or crimes. Accusers find fault. Accusers blame.
But think about this news. In the middle of this incredible revelation of Jesus Christ, the deceiver of the whole world is thrown down. The one who has accused men and women before God “day and night” for millennia is defeated, “and there was no longer any place” for him in heaven (Rev 12:8).
Where this accuser has found fault, the Lamb of God has forgiven. Where he has charged, the Christ has covered. Where the accuser has blamed, the Savior has intervened.
- “He’s rebelled.” True, but Jesus obeyed in full.
- “She’s unrighteous.” True, but Jesus is perfectly righteous.
- “I deceived him.” True, but Jesus was never deceived.
- “Her sins have made her filthy.” True, but Jesus has washed her.
- “He’s been unholy.” True, but Jesus has sanctified him.
- “She’s been guilty.” True, but Jesus has justified her.
- “He’s unworthy.” True, but Jesus is willing to welcome him.
- “She wandered far from God.” True, but Jesus is not ashamed to call her “sister.”
The accuser has been thrown down. The salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come. Every single charge the accuser can muster is no match for the blood of the Lamb (Rev 12:11). And now…
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1)
That’s where this blessing is enjoyed. “In Christ.” If you are in Christ, there is no condemnation, and if there is no condemnation rightly laid at your feet, why would you believe anything this accuser has to say today?
“No condemnation.” If God has said it, you can believe it, because your accuser is no match for the blood of your Savior.